Sunday, March 29, 2015

Abstract Landscape Paintings

Distant Mountain

I wanted to create a landscape abstract seen with a unique color scheme.  Distant Mountain was a painting I created to show depth or distant using atmosphere value.  In other words, the further away something is in a landscape the lighter the value of it's color.  This painting was done in 2014 in September.  I used acrylic paint to produce this painting. My brushes was liner and filbert. I usually use a sponge when I make landscape paintings however this time I did not. The painting is 5 x 7 inches

Pink Vegetation

Here is another abstract painting produced on the same day but with a different color scheme.  If you notice the composition is different as well. In this painting I introduced a trail or a path.  This painting was produced in acrylic as well.  I used a liner brush, round brush, and filbert brush. Finally, the sky background I wanted to capture the transition of sky tones.  This painting is 5 x 7 inches.










No comments:

Post a Comment