Friday, April 3, 2015

Charcoal Drawing Process of Face Upclose


Charcoal Drawing of Hair and Wrinkled Skin


This drawing in charcoal was done to work on my portrait drawing skill in this media.  My goal was to learn how to create the illusion of wrinkles on paper.  As I worked on this drawing which was done in April of 2013 I developed my skill to work in charcoal better. As a result of this drawing, I gained an understanding of shading in charcoal. This drawing is 12 x 14 inches.  
This became the final stage in the drawing where I added hair and highlights around the iris of the eye. Now you notice the grey of the hair in his mustashe and eye brows.  The pupil and iris is now completed. 





At this stage I had continue to lay down more charcoal in the regions of the face where there was contrast in the earilier stage. Now this more tones in the shadow areas.  At this point there is no hair yet on the form. 





This is the earily stage of the drawing where charcoal was layed down in the regions of the face to develope form. You see the beginning stage of wrinkle lines around the eye brow. Pores was added on the nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment