Friday, March 6, 2015

Process of Acrylic Lemon Apple and Pepper Still Life












This is the finish work of a still I set up and painted in acrylic.  It is 11x14" done on watercolor paper.  It is a lemon, jalapeno pepper, and apple.



At this stage is the underpainting in which I used a brown acrylic wash to put down the values. I was was mapping out the dark and light values.  Basically this is the blueprint for the paint to follow on. The lighter tones had more water in the mix than the dark value. 

I began my still life painting with a simple line drawing at this point.  I used a sable brush to apply the lines.  The lighter value that dominates the entire paper was applied with a sponge brush.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your new blog, Dee. Can't wait to see your art. Good job!

    ReplyDelete