Friday, March 6, 2015

Looking up through the Trees

Looking Up Through the Tree Tops Brings Warm Memmories


This painting was done in acrylic size (10 x 14 cm).  I was inspired to do natural abstract piece from nature.  This work literally brings a warm feelings to me.  I grew up where there was lots of trees.  I remember moments walking through the woods right next to my home that there was a ditch it went through the woods. I would look up through the branches and leaves on a nice spring and summer day.

You might say,why do this painting too small.  Well I wanted to do a quick study on improving my ability to create the illusion of texture of the leaves. I used a flat brush to began my painting and I later switched to a liner brush to bring forth the branches and tree trunk.  I really like the natural color scheme of the sky blue and the various tones of green in the image.  I used a little of Liquitex matte super heavy gel to give the leaves a textured look to the piece. I really like to use liquitex (mshg) in my abstract creations. I wanted to capture the sunlight reflecting off the leaves high in the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment