Thursday, March 5, 2015

SHAPE AND TEXTURE USED TO DIVIDE COMPOSITION
















My Thoughts on "Splash"

I love creating abstract art.  It truly allows me to express my thoughts and ideas through the means of painting. This piece I entitled it "Splash" came from an inspiration to produce a design which uses shape to separate color with texture.  The blue depicts the water the gray the sky and the blocks of color represents a collection of buoies in aqua and yellow.  I purposely selected yellow in this piece to provide a redirection of the eye to move away the main focal point. Some of the materials I uesed was a palette knife and sable brush.  Also I used achieve the impesto appeareance for the blocks of color dividing the water from sky Liquitex matte super heavy gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment