Monday, June 29, 2015

Watercolor Portrait and Process


Watercolor Portrait



Ever since I was very young in age, I have always had an interest in drawing portraits.  I have been drawing portraits for many years now.  However, it was not until last year that I did my very first watercolor portrait and the previous year I started working with watercolor media.  After a few pictures produced in watercolor from landscapes to still lifes, I wanted to test my skills in working in watercolor doing a portrait.  This is my third time in producing a watercolor portrait. 

Here are the colors used and mixed in the process.


The color were mixed with a liner brush and water.


The picture was drawn with a 4H pencil very lightly.


Lighter tones are layed down at the beginning.


Additional colors are added to the portrait.


Next other aspects of the portrait are added in with tones.


Hair is added to complete the portrait alone with signature and copyright.  

Thank you for coming to and viewing my blog.  If you have any questions or would like to contact me please contact me at deeweaver15@gmail.com. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment