Thursday, February 16, 2023

Drawing of the the Girl with Braids

 


Have you ever seen a photo and you were intrigued by it to the point you wanted to draw it.  Well in this blog I will share with you the steps in how I made it.



I started off with the overall big shape.  Basically a contour or silhouette of the subject.




In this photo I blocked in the hair with vine charcoal.  Next I placed some horizontal lines to give suggestion as to where the brow eye nose mouth and chin will be.





Now in this photo all the porportions are determined and the features are all drawn out.  Now all that is left is adding value to the entire drawing.




I have added value to the drawing by shading what I laid down with vine charcoal.  Then afterwards I used a cotton swab to smudge in the value.





As you can see I have increase the value by adding layers of more charcoal but this time I used a number 2B compressed charcoal pencil.  The hair has more definition or detail through contrast in value that's been added to it.  The values are more darker. 



Now the drawing has reached the desired point in the process.  Everything or features have been darked and the hair has reached it's point in development.  I was very pleased with the out come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment