Thursday, November 11, 2021

Drawing Basics and Drawing the Human Figure in Charcoal for Beginners

 


I remember as a young boy struggling drawing full figures.  I was very comfortable with drawing portraits and pretty much any thing else but when it came to figure drawing it was a struggle.  A few months ago around June of 2021 there was a public drawing session held by the University of North Alabama Art Department in which I attended and found out that their were artists struggling to draw particularly the human body.  I now have learned how to draw the human figure.  Later after that drawing session I went to a local artists guild meeting and a artist mentioned that they struggled with drawing the human figure.  




 I took it upon myself to create a video series in which I titled Drawing Basics and Drawing the Human Figure in Charcoal for Beginners.  In in this video I shared my experience in drawing when I was young.  In the video I go over the basic fundamentals of drawing.  I also share with the audience the concepts of gesture drawing and getting down what you see in a lose way.  I also go over the importance of purchasing a wood mannequin along with many other things I cover in the video on the drawing series.   https://youtu.be/j4fWMB8rIa8



No comments:

Post a Comment