Friday, February 27, 2015

Vases and Cup Still Life


Still life drawing can help improve your drawing skills


Vases and still life is a drawing I produced last year early in 2014 on a Friday night. I was inspired to drawing this because I wanted to improve in the skill of finding the correct porportions and drawing for real life instead of drawing form a photograph.  In college that was all we did it seemed was draw and paint still life.  We did it so such I grew to hate it but now my mindset has changed to like it.  For those of you how now have that old mindset I used to have toward still life well think again. It is a wonderful exercise in grooming your drawing skill and developing a better drawing eye.  I now have a better appreciation for drawing still lifes because it helps me to drawing better by seeing proportions and angles properly.  The more I draw from still life the better I will be in capturing the form or forms in view of my sight.